Lo-Col Cheese and Chives Scones
450gms SR flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp English mustard powder
75gms cholesterol reducing spread
195gms Lo-Col, grated
2tbsp chives, finely chopped
120mls cold milk
120mls cold water
1 egg, beaten with a splash of milk
1) Heat oven to 220C and place baking tray in oven to get hot.
2) Sieve together the flour, salt and mustard powder into a large bowl.
3) Rub in the cholesterol reducing spread until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
4) Mix in the Lo-Col and the chives.
5) Combine the milk and water and add to the mixture, until the dough just comes away from the edge of the bowl. Do not handle the mixture any more than is necessary.
6) Tip onto a floured surface and flatten to about 2.5cms high.
7) Cut out with a flutted 6cm wide cutter (makes 12 scones), reshaping as necessary while handling the dough as little as possible.
8) Remove heated baking tray from oven and sprinkle with flour (this stops the scones from sticking to it). Quickly place the scones onto the baking tray and brush with the egg/milk mixture.
9) Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
10) Allow to cool slightly on a rack before splitting open and serving with a slice of LoCol cheese and a slice of tomato.
100gms Lo-Col Cheese, grated
Small pepper, diced
4/5 olives, sliced
2 spring onions, chopped
3/4 basil leaves, chopped
Chilli olive oil (optional)
2 tortilla wraps
1. Turn oven to 200C
2. Spray oil lightly onto baking sheet.
3. Place one tortilla on baking sheet and lightly rub over with chilli oil if using.
4. Evenly sprinkle cheese, pepper, olives, spring onions and basil leaves onto the tortilla wrap. Season.
5. Place the second wrap onto top and place into oven for 6mins.
6. Cut into four and serve with salad.